Monday 18 January 2016

APC Leaders in Bayelsa Wants to Frame me Up - Tompolo

Government Ekpemupolo, popularly known as Tompolo,Ex-Niger Delta militant leader,  has accused the All Progressive Congress leaders in the region of trying to link him to last week’s attack on oil facilities. Tompolo in a letter to  President Muhammadu Buhari on Saturday, said APC leaders in Bayelsa and Delta states were after him for refusing to join the ruling party.

PUNCH revealed that The ex-militant however, denied having any links with those behind the attacks on oil installations in Delta State. He called on Buhari and security agencies to focus the search for vandals on leaders of the All Progressives Congress in Bayelsa and Delta states, instead.

He also denied having any link whatsoever with the N13bn and N34bn fraud for which the court ordered his arrest.

Tompolo' letter reads: “I wish to inform you that it has come to my knowledge that the leader of your party and governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Bayelsa and a few young men from Warri South-West LGA of Delta State, who joined the party from the PDP after the 2015 presidential election, are hell bent on linking me to the renewed vandalism of oil facilities in the Niger Delta region, whereas they are the ones carrying out the act to smear my name.

“The crux of this letter is to let you know them that they are dubious, mischievous, desperate, pretentious, manipulative and corrupt; therefore, they do not share the same vision and mission with you as well as do not believe in good governance. I will briefly tell you some of their antecedents in this letter.

“The leader of your party in Bayelsa State approached me shortly after my meeting with you in Abuja that I should accompany him to meet you and plead for him to be appointed as Special Adviser and Chairman of the Presidential Amnesty Programme committee, which I refused to do because of his antecedents.”

He added, “There is this particular one from the same Gbaramatu Kingdom with me that has sworn to kill me because I refused to manipulate the ascension to our traditional stool in his favour when he was not even qualified for it. And so, he looks for any opportunity to deal with me.”

Punch also revealed that sporadic gunshots were said to have resumed in Gbaramatu Kingdom of Delta State, on Sunday while residents of the creek towns fled the areas to avoid being caught in the crossfire.

Although many soldiers trooped to the areas, where some militants were said to have attacked oil facilities in recent days, the Delta State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Alkale Usman, assured the residents of safety.

Usman said the police and the military were on top of the situation.

(Culled via Punch)




No comments: